About EVSC Foundation's Grant Opportunities
The EVSC Foundation and Public Education Foundation have offered educator grants for many years. Now that we are one organization, we have streamlined the educator grant process and available opportunities building on what our separate organizations offered in the past. We are proud to offer the following educator grants to support educators and students in the EVSC:
- Expanding the Experience
- Amy Walker Classroom Excellence Grants
- Rotary/LFCU/EVSC Foundation Classroom Enrichment Grant
For more information about available educator grants, read about each opportunity below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Did you receive funding for your project? Please share pictures, stories, and anecdotes of the project’s impact on our students here. Information about the impact of funded programs helps us raise additional funds for future educator grants.
Expanding the Experience Grants
Funded by the EVSC Foundation Endowment and other donors, this grant supports classroom and/or school-based projects that support student learning as well as professional development opportunities for educators and staff that help them improve practice and support greater student success. Grant funding will be considered for projects that promote:
> students’ engagement in their own learning
> increasing teachers’ professional knowledge and skills
> academically challenging content
In this way, the new version of the Expanding the Experience Grant encompasses the former PEF Teacher Study Grant.
EVSC teachers and staff may apply for one grant per cycle. Priority is placed on classroom projects and professional development opportunities that help educators accomplish EVSC CIP Goal #1. Requests aligned with individual school CIPs and curriculum standards are also eligible for funding.
To learn more about the application process, click here.
To request up to $4,000 in funds from EVSC Foundation for your project or professional learning opportunity and complete the online application, please click here. Grant applications are accepted all year based on the following rolling cycles:
Due September 30th
Funded October 31st
Due December 31st
Funded January 31st
Due February 28th
Funded March 31st
New Opportunity for the 2022-2023 school year! Tools4Teaching is partnering with the EVSC Foundation to offer a total of $5,000 in grants ranging from $250 – $500 for educational materials and resources available at the store! Teachers can request funds through the Expanding the Experience online application form (available here), explaining how grant funds will be used to purchase educational materials and resources available at Tools4Teaching. Up to $1,000 is available in the first grant cycle (for applications due September 30) and $2,000 in the 2nd and 3rd cycles respectively. Funding is not intended for classroom supplies (teachers can visit Teacher Locker for free supplies!).
Was your project not funded in this cycle? Projects that are not funded in a given cycle are considered for subsequent cycles within a granting year. If your project is not funded within a school year, you are welcome to adapt your proposal and resubmit the following school year.
Amy Walker Classroom Excellence Grants
Amy Walker Classroom Excellence Grants provide up to $1,000 in curriculum support for classroom or school-wide projects that support innovation in the classroom, unique programs and initiatives, and transformative learning. Educators can apply for:
- Individual classroom grants for up to $500 to fund projects that increase classroom learning.
- Collaborative project grants for up to $1,000 to fund projects that involve two or more teachers from multiple classrooms, grade levels, or schools.
Submitted grant applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Priority will be given to projects that impact innovation in the classroom, unique programs and initiatives, and transformative learning. All project requests for this grant must be academically based.
- Impact on the classroom, including numbers of students impacted, and how student learning will be enhanced.
- Ability to measure success of the project.
- Innovation, or uniqueness of the project.
Amy Walker Classroom Excellence Grants may not be used for:
- Materials/equipment not directly related to the project.
- Compensation of teachers, staff, or substitute teachers.
- Student scholarships.
- Materials and supplies normally funded by the EVSC.
- Projects previously funded by this grant.
To apply, please complete this online application.
- Click here for an overview of the application questions.
- Click to download the required Supervisor Approval Form.
Applications must be received electronically by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, October 28, 2022. Late applications will not be accepted. A confirmation email will be sent out on Monday, October 31,2022 to notify applicants that their applications have been received. If you do not receive one within 2 business days, contact email@example.com.
Notification of the awards will be made by November 10, 2022 and funds will be distributed by the first week of December. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the application or the grant process – you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.