The EVSC Foundation is seeking a new President for the EVSC Foundation.
The EVSC Foundation directly supports the fundraising efforts of the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation and the vision of Superintendent. The President reports to the Chairman of the Board of Directors with a dotted line to the Superintendent of the EVSC. The President oversees strategic and operational responsibility for EVSC Foundation staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission.
Over its 10 year plus existence, the EVSC Foundation has grown to become one of the most highly respected Foundations in the community. Raising over $1,000,000 a year for the EVSC, our mission is to enhance educational opportunities through the development of individual and community partnerships which generate the financial resources necessary to support extraordinary learning experiences, ensuring greater student success.
Responsibilities of the President
Leadership & Management:
– Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
– Actively engage and energize EVSC Foundation volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders on behalf of EVSC schools.
– Develop, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction.
– Lead, coach, develop, and retain the EVSC Foundation high-performing team including Hangers, a clothing resource for EVSC students.
– Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
– Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion of new programs.
– Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
– Use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
– Develop a strategic plan for program expansion into new markets.
– Build partnerships in new markets, establishing relationships with funders, and political and community leaders at each expansion location.
– Continue to develop the foundation into a well known, respected statewide program that serves as a replication model for other school corporations/districts.
The President should be thoroughly committed to EVSC Foundation’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
– Bachelor’s Degree, with at least 5 years of management experience and a track record of effectively leading. 3 years fundraising experience preferred.
– Experience in leading an outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
– Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation.
– Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
– Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
– Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders.
– Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
– Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
– Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
– Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Qualified candidate will receive competitive compensation, health insurance, Simple IRA matching contribution, generous vacation and sick time.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Submission deadline is May 7, 2021.
To learn more about the EVSC Foundation, please visit our website at www.evscfoundation.org.