What a whirlwind year, 2022! Starting out with the merger with the Public Education Foundation brought new programs and opportunities to support our students and teachers. All in all, we were excited to close the year with a bang, excited about the many ways in which your support helped us make a difference in our schools. From honoring John Wessel by naming the Central High School basketball court in his memory, to the 5th Hangers Gala and 34th Summer Musical, to educator grants and food box delivery to Culver Family Learning Center families – we loved serving our students and teachers, and had fun doing so! We appreciate our board, volunteers, donors, sponsors, and EVSC Foundation and EVSC staff who partnered with us to make 2022 a success.
Looking ahead at 2023, we are excited about upcoming projects. You can donate to support EVSC and EVSC Foundation programs online or by mailing us a check. Beyond financial support, here are a few ways you can partner with us to make a difference this year:
- Volunteer at Teacher Locker. Join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4 – 6 pm to support teachers getting their free supplies. Help us set up the new STEAM area and keep inventory. Organize a school supply drive this summer! Sign up to volunteer here and email us for more details.
- Organize an underwear and/or hygiene kit drive for Hangers. Our students need new socks, underwear, shampoo, deodorant, body wash or soap, toothbrushes and toothpaste. Organize a drive to help us meet these needs! Contact Dave Schutte at firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate.
- Sponsor a hole, bring a team, and/or volunteer at the 3rd Annual IMCU Golf Outing benefiting the EVSC Foundation. Join us on May 11 at Cambridge Golf Course. Click here to sign up for a sponsorship, to play, and to learn more!
- Walk with us to raise funds for Hangers and the Summer Musical. Help us raise $10,000 by donating to our campaign and walking with us on May 21, 1 – 2 pm at the Bally’s Evansville Events Plaza.
- Sponsor Children’s Theater and come see the free performance! The program is free to student thanks to donor support. This year’s show, The Princess and the Pea, is scheduled for June 17. Sign in to volunteer and learn more here.
- Support the 35th Summer Musical, The Addams Family. Sponsor the production, volunteer build the set or serve dinner to students, share promotional materials, and come see the incredible production! Set building will begin in June, and tickets will go on sale in early May at Old National Events Plaza box office and Ticketmaster. Show times are July 13-15 at 7 pm and July 16 at 2 pm at the Old National Events Plaza. To sponsor the show and sign up to volunteer, contact Niti Moore at email@example.com.
- Show appreciation for teachers! Sign up to sponsor lunch, volunteer, or help with teacher appreciation efforts at a local school. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to a specific school and learn ways to support Educator Appreciation Efforts this year.
- Help us distribute food boxes to Culver Families. Our next food drives will be on Friday, April 18 and November 17 from 11 – 1 pm at the Culver Family Learning Center (1301 Judson St, Evansville, IN 47713).
- Follow us on social media and help share information about programs and opportunities. Find us on Facebook (@EVSCFoundation, @HangersEvansville, @TeacherLockerEVSCFound, and @evansvillemusical), Instagram (@evscfoundation, @evscsummermusical) and LinkedIn.
These are just a few ways to get involved – there are many more! Go to evscfoundation.org for more information about programs and events. Are you passionate about something else that you don’t see reflected here? Give us a call and let’s chat! We need you to help support our programs and schools and can make a difference together.