Frequently Asked Questions
May I choose where my donation goes?
Absolutely. If you have a particular interest in academics, the arts, athletics, or career development, we will identify potential opportunities for your support. If you are not sure where your support can have the greatest benefit, we will share information about our programs and help you identity the one that is right for you.
Are donations tax-deductible?
Donations to the EVSC Foundation are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by law. We cannot provide tax advice, so we recommend checking with your tax preparer.
How are donations managed?
The EVSC Foundation’s operations include staff and a volunteer board of directors composed of local leaders and notable alumni. They work with fund management professionals and other legal and financial experts to ensure that donations have the greatest impact possible, and to help the EVSC Foundation grow over the long term.
Is the EVSC Foundation part of the school system?
The EVSC Foundation is a separate, legal entity, governed by a separate board of directors. It is, however, recognized as the official not-for-profit agency of the EVSC.
- Information supplied to EVSC Foundation is used solely by EVSC Foundation and EVSC
- All requests to remain anonymous are honored
- EVSC Foundation does not sell or share donor lists with other agencies or organizations
- Donors supplying contact information may receive periodic notifications from EVSC Foundation and EVSC
- To be removed from contact lists, donors may notify the EVSC Foundation office at:
(812) 435-0931, or firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I give?
- EVSC Foundation accepts gifts in any amount
- The Foundation offers a variety of tax-deductible ways to donate
- Gifts may be made in the form of cash, real estate, bequests, trusts, annuities, life insurance, and other methods
- Please consult your financial adviser regarding fiscal implications